After my first couple of days in Melbourne I have had a few suspicions confirmed:
1. A dryish 17°C is the perfect environment when you have been getting brow-beaten by 35°C and 100% humidity for two solid months.
2. My skin does not appreciate the humidity suddenly disappearing and I was right to bring my entire stockpile of body lotion samples.
3. My lungs do not appreciate the humidity suddenly disappearing and I was right to stock up on asthma prescriptions.
4. I am going to become addicted to cigarette smoke from doing my work in the outside seating of cafés.
5. I have awesome friends and I will never be lonely here.
6. LinkedIn rocks.
7. So does daylight savings.
8. No matter how familiar you are with a place, it looks very different when you have come to stay.
9. I will be borrowing Ingrid’s cute little jackets quite a lot.