1. When Mary had said this, she fell silent, since it was to this point that the Saviour had spoken with her.
2. But Andrew answered and said to the brethren, ‘Say what you wish to say about what she has said. I at least do not believe that the Saviour said this. For certainly these teachings are strange ideas.’
3. Peter answered and spoke concerning these same things.
5. Then Mary wept and said to Peter, ‘My brother Peter, what do you think? Do you think that I have thought this up myself in my heart, or that I am lying about the Saviour?’
6. Levi answered and said to Peter, ‘Peter you have always been hot tempered.
7. ‘Now I see you contending against the woman like the adversaries.
8. ‘But if the Saviour made her worthy, who are you indeed to reject her? Surely the Saviour knows her very well.
9. ‘That is why He loved her more than us. Rather let us be ashamed and put on the perfect Man, and separate as He commanded us and preach the gospel, not laying down any other rule or other law beyond what the Saviour said.’
10. And when they heard this they began to go forth to proclaim and to preach.